We Love Children!
Children are very welcome and a special part of our practice, we want to start their dental experience positive note! We emphasize preventive dental healthcare and encourage children and parents to get involved in caring about their teeth. Parents play an important role in starting children with good habits and attitudes toward dental care. We very much want your child and your family to enjoy coming to our office!
What Is Special And Unique About Our Children’s Hygiene Program?
We follow the guidelines set by the American Academy of Pediatrics who recommend routine dental exams at the age of 1! Children need help and supervision during their daily dental hygiene activities. For these reasons, we have designed a child hygiene program, which is behaviorally oriented and focuses on building a strong commitment between the parent and child working together. With our support, we desire to master the dental hygiene skills essential for lifelong optimal dental health. Good hygiene promotes self-esteem and responsibility – rewards that continue throughout adolescence and adulthood.
To prevent dental disease, we believe in:
- Education–Child hygiene visits, which are behavioral and interactive, focusing on a partnership between the child and parent, along with our support, to master hygiene skills.
- Fluoride –Office applied treatments, and supplements if needed
- Sealants –Protective coating placed to prevent decay
- Digital X-rays –Early detection of dental decay, eruption problems and progress
- Periodic Checkups & Cleanings
- Decay Assessment
- Dental Growth & Development Assessment
- Custom Athletic Mouth Guards- ProForm
- Orthodontic Evaluation
Do You Know We Provide Orthodontic Treatment?
In an effort to have our practice be as broad-based and responsive to the needs of her patients as possible, Dr. Shauna Novak has completed a curriculum of orthodontics for general practitioners.
She strongly feels that our ability to offer orthodontic services within the scope of our family dental practice has many benefits for patients. They are:
- Hygiene and motivational support
- One convenient location
- Our familiarity with patient and his/her family
- Our ability to coordinate orthodontic treatment with other dental needs
We will be happy to discuss any questions regarding this service with you and determine if your case is appropriate for treatment. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please call our office at 763-525-5011 or click here for an online request.