We Love Children!
Children are a very welcome and special part of our practice. We want to start their dental experience positive note. We emphasize preventative dental healthcare and encourage Children and parents together to get involved and learning about their teeth. We are pleased that you as parents are taking an interest in your child’s teeth. Parents play an important role in starting children with good habits and attitudes toward dental care. We very much want your child to enjoy coming to our office.
What Is Special And Unique About Our Children’s Hygiene Program?
Your child us under our care only two days per year. What they do the other 363 days of the year in regards to their dental hygiene makes a large impact on their dental health. Children need to be helped and supervised during their daily dental hygiene activities. For these reasons we have purposely designed a child hygiene program which is behaviorally oriented and focuses on building a strong commitment between the parent and child working together With our support To master the dental hygiene skills essential for lifelong dental health. Good hygiene promotes self-esteem and responsibility – rewards that pay off now and continue throughout adolescence and adulthood.
And preventing dental disease we believe in:
- Education–Child hygiene visits, which are behavioral and interactive, focusing on a partnership between the child and parent, Along with our support, to master general, teaching skills.
- Fluoride –Office treatment as well as for dated water and toothpaste
- Sealants –Protective coating placed anti-to prevent decay
- X-rays –Early detection of dental decay eruption problems
- Periodic Checkups & Cleanings
- Dental Growth & Development Assessment
- Orthodontic Evaluation
Do You Know We Provide Orthodontic Treatment?
In an effort to have our practice be as broad-based and responsive to the needs of her patients as possible, Dr. Shauna Novak and Dr. Deborah McGill have completed a curriculum of orthodontics for general practitioners.
Strongly feel that our ability to offer orthodontic services within the scope of my family dental practice has many benefits for patients. They are:
- Hygiene and motivational support
- One Convenient location
- Our familiarity with patient and his/her family, and
- Our ability to coordinate orthodontic treatment with other dental needs
We will be happy to discuss any questions regarding this service with you and determine if your case is appropriate for treatment. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please call our office at (763) 525-5011 or click here for an online request.
Other Services Of Our Youth Dental Care Program Includes:
- Create a lifelong positive dental attitude
- Teach oral hygiene skills
- Assess tooth development and growth issues
- Fluoride needs
- Professional cleaning
- Preventative sealants
- Caries (decay assessment)
- Athletic Mouth guards- Custom Pro Form
- Orthodontic evaluation
- Digital dental x-rays as needed
We agree with and follow the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics who recommends that dental exam start at the age of one.